Ford Sealed Racing Engines are built to professional racing series standards and deliver reliable lasting performance. These aren't built from repackaged production parts, but real racing parts like Forged Crank, Rods and Pistons with full floating piston pins. Based on the Ford Racing BOSS 302 block these engines deliver reliable and consistent performance lap after lap.
- Built for asphalt and dirt circle track racing series that require a sealed racing engine
- 347 cubic inches - 4.030" bore - 3.400" stroke
- BOSS 302 race block
- 415 hp @ 6000 rpm 400 lb-ft @ 4900 rpm (with headers, and a 650 CFM Holley carburetor not included)
- 10:1 Compression ratio (nominal)
- SCAT forged crankshaft
- SCAT forged steel cap screw connecting rods
- Mahle forged pistons with floating pins
- Hydraulic roller camshaft M-6250-F303, .528'' lift intake and exhaust, duration at .050" is 226 degrees intake and exhaust
- Double roller timing chain set M-6268-A302
- High-performance 7 quart rear sump circle track oil pan
- Ford Racing aluminum "Z" cylinder heads M-6049-Z304DA with 2.02" intake valves and 1.60" exhaust valves
- PAC 1218 ovate beehive valve springs
- 1.65:1 ratio roller rocker arms
- Edelbrock Victor Jr. intake manifold M-9424-D302
- Edelbrock Water Pump
- SFI approved vibration damper
- MSD billet distributor
- ARP Head Studs
- Ford Racing polished aluminum Circle Track valve covers M-6582-CT
- High volume oil pump
- Engine is sealed for circle track competition where rules allow
- Engine weight as equipped is 431 lbs. (includes 7 quarts of oil)
- Competes directly with the GMPP "604" crate engine.
- Engine is internally balanced, "0" balance flywheel required
- Flywheel is not included
INSTALLATION NOTES: See engine installation and tuning tips on page 40. Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
- This engine has a rear sump performance oil pan and pickup, regular rotation timing cover and regular rotation water pump, and non-EFI valve covers. Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required. See installation notes
- Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
- A standard rotation water pump is installed on the engine. Other applications may require different water pumps and timing chain covers found on pages 97-98.
- The damper M-6316-C302 with counterweight removed, may require a spacer for pulley alignment, see page 85.
- The flywheel M-6375-D302 not included should work for most 157-tooth manual transmission applications. For other transmission applications use the proper "0" balance flywheel, see pages 127-128.
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W order).
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
- Shipping weight approximately 475 lbs.